One of the teas you have to keep in mind during the winter is the mint leaf tea, a healthy option to take care of your body.
Mint is a plant with great medicinal properties, it is a delicious infusion of flavor and very simple to make at home. We tell you all its benefits so that you fall in love with it.
This tea will help us maintain proper well-being and will make us feel much better both physically and mentally. In addition, it is used to recover from certain physical ailments.
Properties that you must not forget
Mint can be found practically in all countries of the world. It is a simple herb to grow and you can have a plant at home because we can use it fresh in many recipes.
Peppermint has a large amount of vitamins A and C, as well as omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants and minerals of all kinds. A perfect combination that gives great healthy qualities for the body.
Then we tell you how it can benefit you to consume one or two cups of mint tea a day.
Benefits of mint tea
- Combat bad breath: it is no coincidence that a large number of toothpaste use mint as the main ingredient. Mint prevents halitosis and bad breath thanks to its antibacterial properties, leaves a rich taste in the mouth and keeps bacteria away.
- It is used to lose weight: mint can be your great ally if you are looking to lose some weight, mint tea can help you stimulate metabolism and burn accumulated fat. In addition, it prevents us from having fatty liver and helps to break down fats.
- Good to treat sinusitis: it is perfect to get rid of once and for all nasal congestion and flu symptoms. A good hot infusion of mint will help to eliminate mucus and you will be able to breathe naturally, in addition, if you have a sore throat it will disappear gradually.
- If you have an allergy we recommend it: mint is a powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and contains romaine acid that relieves seasonal allergy and the most common symptoms of asthma.
- It will keep your skin and hair looking healthy. It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties, attacks the common herpes virus and can calm skin conditions of the skin. In addition, it can be used to eliminate dandruff and lice.
- It is a very relaxing drink: perfect to drink when we are with a lot of stress, anxiety or some depression. It increases our mood and relaxes us, inducing a deep rest, fighting fatigue or mental exhaustion.
- Relieves muscular pains: peppermint can help us avoid muscle aches. You can dip a cloth with a little mint tea and place it in the painful area. Many analgesic creams contain mint for their great anti-inflammatory properties.
- Avoid insomnia: if you find it hard to sleep and sleep, we advise you to drink a cup of mint before going to sleep so you can sleep and rest at night.
- Improve your digestion: if you usually have heartburn or heaviness after meals, take a cup of mint after each main meal to avoid reflux and discomfort. It has been proven that it can be very beneficial for those people who have irritable bowel syndrome.
- Beneficial for chemotherapy or radiotherapy patients: peppermint oil, more than an infusion, can be a great ally for those who have had cancer. It counteracts nausea produced by chemotherapy, in addition, protects DNA and prevents the death of cells that have been exposed to the treatment of radiotherapy.
How to make mint tea
Next, we tell you how you can easily make this tea or mint tea.
You will need 5 fresh leaves of mint and a cup of mineral water. Wash leaves well while hot water. Once it breaks to boil, add them and remove from the heat. D acts the water stand and mint leaves for a few minutes. After the time you can take the infusion with a little honey, lemon or the spice that you like.