The chocolate produces pleasure, it is one of the foods that more like, a small bite can provoke happiness and much gusto. It is consumed since antiquity and in many cultures.
Currently it is an easy product to find, however, there is a large number of different quality and not all are beneficial. Therefore, we must know how to choose the type of cocoa and its origin.
Chocolate is very beneficial for the cocoa content and not for the other ingredients that make it, such as sugar or oil that makes it unctuous. To be able to benefit from all its properties and make it stimulating while pleasurable we have to make sure that the cocoa is of quality and is present at least 70%.
Properties of cocoa
Dark chocolate, which is what we are going to focus on, should have a minimum of 70% inside; otherwise, we will be consuming ingredients that are not beneficial to us. The “normal” chocolate or milk is rich in sugars, fats and has a great caloric power. However, dark chocolate also has calories but offers some very important properties; it is also recommended for slimming diets because they remove anxiety by devouring products full of fats and refined sugars.
Here we tell you in what stands out this energetic and restorative food.
- The caloric product, rich in carbohydrates and few proteins.
- Antioxidant product: cocoa is a powerful antioxidant. The vitamins and minerals that cocoa has been present in large quantities such as potassium, phosphorus, manganese, and iron, vitamins of group B and in smaller amounts, calcium, copper and provitamin A.
- Exciting product: this is due to its content in Theobromine or caffeine that activates the body and keeps it awake and attentive.
- Stimulant product: the alkaloids improve blood circulation, helping nutrients reach all parts of the body, also offers a diuretic action and stimulates the activity of the intestines to make good digestion. The airways open and the lungs receive more oxygen.
- Astringent product: in this case, the tannins of cocoa produce an astringent effect, so it is good to consume it when you suffer from diarrhea.
Why is it a stimulating and exciting food?
The question is to find out why this food, in general chocolate and in particular, cocoa, gives us pleasure. To know why so many people like it and what makes it so irresistible.
When we feel low, eating a little chocolate helps us to calm down, increase our mood and see things from a more positive perspective. Cocoa, in that case, improves brain activity that leads to a feeling of well-being and euphoria. In addition to eating it to increase our mood, too, it is very beneficial to consume it before carrying out a very “thoughtful” activity, for this reason, because the brain is alerted.
Components of cocoa or chocolate
- Phenylethylamine: it is what gives us an increase in vigor, increasing our mood.
- Theobromine or caffeine: it is what activates us when we are in a very low mood.
- Falconoid: they are the antioxidants that protect us from cell aging, also improving our cardiovascular health.
It also has vasodilating, anti-inflammatory and hypertensive properties. In this case, it is recommended for those people who are at risk of having thrombi.
The problem that we find today is the fact of finding quality cocoa with guarantees that have been extracted from a sustainable crop and suitable for the environment. We must know that to achieve the benefits described above, we need to locate good chocolate that contains at least 70%, although if it is more quantity, better than better.
Consume chocolate with moderation and control, because although it is beneficial it is very caloric and can cause an unwanted weight gain or the appearance of pimples on the face.