With the sudden changes in temperature, we can have dry, cracked and sore lips. We can combat that dry lip with small gestures from the first moment so that it does not go any further.
In addition, we will tell you what are the common causes by which the lips are cracked more, and above all, how we can treat them naturally.
It is very annoying to have dry and cracked lips, it is painful and in any movement, we do we can have a wound that is difficult to heal. Before this happens to you, you must prevent and know what are the causes to be attentive and not to happen next time.
Causes of chapped lips
Especially dry in the cold months, the winter is accompanied by low temperatures that directly affect the body. These are the most common causes why we have cracked lips:
- Rays of the sun.
- Do not drink enough.
- Lack of vitamins
- Smoking habitually
- Have bad digestions.
- Skin disorders.
- Some diseases and their medications.
- Breathe through the mouth.
- Biting or licking lips constantly.
- Use aggressive soaps for the skin.
One of the most important things is hydration because with water the body cleanses, helps the nutrients reach better through the bloodstream, and oxygen is transported better and gets that hydration so that everything works properly.
Recovers dry and cracked lips
- There are certain healthy practices that we can carry out to recover our lips and their usual appearance. Pamper your lips every day so they do not dry out because once you’re cracked, the recovery time can be long.
- Therefore, we recommend a routine and we give you some very simple tips to carry out.
- Hydrating is essential. As we were getting ahead, drinking lots of water is essential to have good health and have healthy and juicy lips. The skin that covers the lips is very sensitive and fine, needs care so you can regenerate naturally. As you know, the recommended water is two liters a day.
- Use lip balm to protect from the sun. Regardless of the time of year, it is convenient that you protect them against the sun’s ultraviolet rays. Therefore, the most advisable is a lipstick that offers guarantees with protection and not just anyone. Make sure you have it and a minimum of 30 fps.
- Do not wet your wounds, cracks or dry lips with saliva. It is an action that we usually carry out unconsciously and can make the appearance and pain much worse; it only does more than dry them more, so get used to not wetting them from the first moment.
- When temperatures drop, do not expose them to cold. The cold causes them to dry out more and the cracks open up. Do not leave home without a panty, scarf or scarf to protect you from the wind when you are in the street.
- If you are prone to have fever, cold sores or fever, you should be cautious and protect them well because otherwise, you could have more herpes without wishing it. You can use an antiviral treatment to avoid it, this way you will stop its progression and the healing will be faster.
- Choose good quality lip protectors that offer guarantees. Ideally, balms or vaselines that moisturize the skin, choose those that contain vitamins A, vitamins E and C because apart from being protected they will also look more juicy and meaty.
- Avoid smoking Tobacco can cause the lips to dry out more because of the smoke. In addition, if we add that the tobacco yellow teeth may not your smile look what you have to look.
- Exfoliate the lips at least once a week. This will help you eliminate skins, dead cells, and impurities. You can do it with a soft toothbrush and do not use it. Then apply balm to hydrate them immediately.
Put all these tips into practice so that your lips look fantastic every day of the year.