The eye health is very important, we assume that eye cares for themselves and if not we play well. However, it is important to have an appointment from time to time with the specialist.
If you have eye problems such as myopia, astigmatism, eyestrain, etc. If you want to know how often we should go to the eye doctor or the ophthalmologist to control our eyes.
It is a mistake to think that we should go to the specialist when we have a problem, we must go before to detect any anomaly in time, in addition, the eyes being a very delicate area.
In the case of using glasses or contact lenses, we should be more attentive to any change. Then we tell you a little more about the health of the eyes so you have them in mind.
When to go to the eye doctor
As is normal, people with eye problems often go to the eye doctor or ophthalmologist more often, however, those who do not have any problems have to be more attentive.
Everybody, regardless of their age, should go to the eye doctor to have the vision checked so that it can be determined with certainty if they suffer from any pathology or disease.
The first revision of a child is recommended at the age of 4 years. It will depend on each child and their attitudes, because if he acts differently he may have a vision problem. In the same way that if you have an accident and it affects you directly to the sight you will have to go before.
During adolescence, special care must be taken because it is when myopia and some visual alterations can appear. Therefore, when the adolescent sees that he has vision problems, it is important to go to the eye doctor.
During the 20 years, if no symptoms have appeared, appointments to the eye doctor can be made every two years.
After the age of 30, the revisions must be annual, since there may be greater ocular fatigue, intraocular tension, loss of visual acuity, etc.
Over the years, the needs of each patient will be observed and the optician will be referred to according to the pathologies that arise.
Reviews are the best way to prevent any more serious illness; a timely review will avoid long-term problems and may be treated early.
To take into account in children
If we are parents and we have children at home we have to look at them and their actions to detect any eye problems. Next, we tell you what you have to pay attention to.
- If the books are very close at the time of reading them.
- You need to be close to the television.
- If you are distracted when reading or do not understand what you have read.
- If you do not write well or invert the letters.
- If you get tired at the time of reading.
- If we observe that forces the view at the time of looking at things in the distance.
- If you have headaches after reading or concentrating a lot on a point.
- If you show hyperactivity in class or have school performance.
Advice when taking into account
As a conclusion and summary, we comment on the healthy guidelines when it comes to caring for and treating our eyes.
- We must go to the eye doctor every two years once we reach adulthood.
- It is advisable to have a diet rich in vitamins A and C, in addition to taking foods rich in magnesium as it helps improve the quality of eyesight, maintain good cholesterol levels, avoid diabetes and hypertension.
- We must protect our eyes at any time of the year, not only in summer. And also, if we practice sports in snow or in the sea, we also have to protect ourselves since the reflection of the rays is very harmful.
- Control the times you are in front of devices with monitors powered by illumination.
- Keep your eyes hydrated, you can use artificial tears if you consider it necessary.
- It is better to avoid smoking since smoke also affects the eyesight.
- Alcohol, on the other hand, is also preferable to reduce its consumption because it is also related to certain eye problems.
- Add physical exercise to your daily routine.