The birdseed has great nutritional properties, it has been cultivated for some time to feed the animals, but its benefits are innumerable.
Currently, it is consumed to improve the ailments in the circulatory, digestive and other ailments. Then we tell you what those medicinal properties that reach us today are.
The birdseed offers us great benefits due to its properties that today are classified as medicinal. We tell you which are below.
What is birdseed?
What is consumed by birdseed are seeds, however, we can also find it as a liquid extract, vegetable milk, in the form of liquefied or infused.
It is a medicinal plant that is included in the Poaceae family. An herb born in the Mediterranean area. Currently, everyone knows the benefits and characteristics of this plant. It can reach up to almost two meters in height.
Its flowers are green and then turn purple. Its fruit is the seed that is consumed; it is wrapped in a bright light brown shell.
The benefits that we can find in this food are due to the enzymes that compose it. Enzymes are a type of proteins known as lipases that help in the absorption of fats. They also help to eliminate toxic substances from the body through the kidneys and the liver.
The birdseed increases its activity, for this reason, many people consume birdseed as a detoxifying and purifying food of the organism.
- Its consumption is very indicated in cases of cirrhosis since it reduces the inflammation of the liver and increases the number of functional hepatocytes.
- Eliminates fluid retention or edema of the body. Either in the liquids that accumulate in the ankles, legs or in the abdominal area.
- Another of its medicinal properties is related to lower levels of blood fat, therefore, it is recommended to reduce cholesterol.
- It fights obesity because it influences the good functioning of the thyroid for good, thus a good control of the hormones is carried out.
- If consumed regularly, we will contribute to a healthy and progressive thinking. Always that we accompany it with a balanced diet.
- Including canary seed in our diet is beneficial for those type II diabetics, because it helps the regenerative action of the pancreas.
- It is recommended for those hypertensive people, since it helps to balance blood pressure.
How to consume the birdseed
As we have anticipated, the birdseed comes to our days in different formats, and then we tell you how you can prepare it at home to get those benefits.
- You can make birdseed drink: soak 5 tablespoons overnight in a bowl of water. The next morning, remove the water and crush the soaked birdseed with clean water. You will get an ideal canary milk to consume in the morning or before going to bed.
- You can make infusions of birdseed, boiling two tablespoons of seeds in a liter of water for 5 minutes. It is not necessary to strain the mixture, so it will be in the hand of the person who prepares it if it strains or consumes the seeds.
- You can combine canary infusions with medicinal herbs such as rosemary or thyme to increase their benefits.
- You can add these seeds to salads, dressings, soups, in bread dough, make a sponge cake, or homemade cookies.
In the case you want to consume the birdseed by its extract, we tell you what characteristics you will protect your body in a simple and natural way.
- You will help reduce cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Improves sagging because it gives you more muscle tone.
- It regenerates the activity of the pancreas.
- It is good for cases of obesity and cellulite.
- And It is a potent anti-inflammatory, kidneys, and pancreas.
- It helps us protect the body from free radicals because it is a powerful antioxidant.
- Improves the digestive system, protects from gastric ulcers or gastritis.
- Relieves hemorrhoids because it softens the stool.
- Treat gout and rheumatism.
- It controls the appearance of infections such as cystitis.
As you can see, birdseed can help you treat many ailments in the body; you can get it in herbal shops and stores specializing in natural foods.