Psoriasis can appear anywhere on the body including the head, in this case, the scalp may have dandruff is due to seborrheic dermatitis or psoriasis have in this area of the body.
Dandruff is not only an aesthetic problem; it can also be an indicator that there is an underlying problem. We tell you how psoriasis is in the head and how you can treat it in the best way.
The psoriasis is a disease that affects the skin, about 2% of the population has psoriasis being the area of the scalp a common area between 70 and 80% have shown symptoms of psoriasis on the head once in life.
It is usually mild, does not cause major problems, only aesthetic because dandruff is presented in a major way. Thicker and abundant bits of skin that can be seen up close. On occasion, this dandruff can cause itching on the scalp and leave the skin red, being visible on certain occasions.
Treatment against psoriasis in the head
Psoriasis on the scalp can be treated with shampoos and specific lotions. It usually appears by buds where the body is more likely to have this more severe dandruff. The idea is to always have control of dandruff so that there are not very serious outbreaks that affect our day to day.
Then we tell you what are the guidelines to follow or take into account to avoid having psoriasis in the head.
- We have to be aware that psoriasis is going for outbreaks, so the idea is to prevent outbreaks that do not treat them when they are at their most serious.
- The treatment must be comprehensive and we must know how to choose the best creams, lotions, and shampoos to be eliminated at the root.
- The best products should have salicylic acid to help treat the psoriasis lesions.
- Always look for moisturizing products so that the redness and irritation are attenuated.
Tips to control psoriasis in the head
It is important to follow a series of guidelines and advice so that psoriasis is not more serious than it is, because if we scratch, if we do not treat it or if we use harmful elements it will affect our state of health.
Here are some tips you can follow in the case of having psoriasis in the head.
- Do not scratch the scalp. When you have psoriasis on your head you will probably have discomfort and it will sting or itch the area, however, try not to scratch it because the skin could be injured and cause severe skin lesions.
- You can wash your hair without a problem; we do not have to worry about that.
- Always apply the treatment on the scalp that best suits you, it is important to buy quality products with properties so that you can act on the problem.
- Do not be impatient. We know that dandruff or psoriasis is very annoying because it is something visible, however, treatments and lotions are not immediate, and they are long-term solutions because they begin to take effect after a time of use and not immediately.
- Prevention is the best attack. You have to know how to identify the psoriasis outbreak in time to treat it accordingly from the first moment. If we suffer from chronic psoriasis we will know that we have some outbreaks every once in a while, when you begin to notice that your situation worsens, consult with your dermatologist so that he can advise you the best treatment.
- Always take care of hair health. When the disease is more controlled there is no problem, however, do not let your guard down and do not stop caring for your scalp. It is important to maintain healthy skin so that the treatments act directly on psoriasis.
If you think you have a problem with your scalp and psoriasis occurs in your head, go to your trusted doctor so you can determine the cause and treatment to follow.